Jul 9, 2011

UAAP Season 74: All Out. All Heart.


Saturday, July 09, 2011, about 2 o’clock pm, it’s raining. I’m watchin’ back home for the UAAP Season 74 Opening Ceremony, with of course, with the host this season (my favorite team) – the Ateneo De Manila University, with a live coverage of Studio 23 all the way from Marikina Sports Center.


I’m excited to watch it ‘cause UAAP is my favorite league here in the Philippines. Already pass 3, but still, a replay from the last season’s cheerdance competition is on. I admit that I enjoy watchin’ it, but I’m a little bit upset, ‘cause what I really want is the opening itself. What I never knew is that the opening is scheduled to start at 4:00 PM. I’m about to switch off the T.V. when suddenly something flashes to the screen saying – “you are watching ABS-CBN Sports.” The opening is going to start!!
Upon hearing these words, I’ve said to myself, “Well, this is it! Hahaha. Thank God, I didn’t turn off the T.V., if I do, too bad for me.

Back at the UAAP, it was raining at the Marikina too. So I wonder, how is it going to be? Will everything be a mess or what? But it goes on; I realized this must be a blessing above. It might be raining, but still the show must go on. Rain or shine, the people remain on their seats.

By looking at the players of each team/school, they really give their all, their heart for the name and glory of their respected squad. Each players have their own special skills, talents, capabilities and sports that makes them unique, different and most of all to make them really standout amongst the rest.

In this league, it is not about on how you play your game itself. Not on how neither to defeat your opponents nor to make yourself be admired. It’s about how you fight what’s within. There are times that we find ourselves loosing focus during the game, lack of confidence and the desire to win. But you’ve gotta remember that you must believe in yourself alone. Most of all, give your all, play with your heart, and see what your brave heart can take you. You may be defeated, but keep in mind; playing with your all and heart makes you already a winner.

Playing is not winning at all. It’s about how you pick yourself up after you stumble down and try to reach the top. You may lose every now and then, but keep in mind, each of us has a given time of its own. Just be patient.

So, to all players, goodluck to you! May you have meet new friends and not archenemies? Ahahah.

To my favorite team – the Ateneo De Manila University, Go Ateneo! One Big Fight! We Believe!

WE BELIEVE!

No comments: