Aug 17, 2011

Dear Heart


I am a hopeless romantic, I believe in true love, in destiny, in soul mates, and in happy endings. I could say that I’m somewhat an expert in things concerning love, but even though I am a know-it-all, I can honestly say I’m still unlucky. I have been in and out of relationships many times. I’ve had my fair share of tears and heartbreak. After my seventh attempt in finding my perfect love story, I guess it opened my eyes that: Love and I just don’t mix!

But then I met you. When I first saw you, right then and there, I knew, fate gave another hot to try to love again. You really showed me that love is indeed magical, that love is a treasure. And I am thankful for having the opportunity to love and care for you.

I guess fate played a cruel joke on me, I did find my happiness with you, but I am losing the battle against sickness. I am suffering from leukemia. I was too afraid to tell you about my condition, because I didn’t want you to be sad, and to worry about me. The doctor said that I only had a year, but with you as my inspiration, I strived to live, so that making sure to wake up to see tomorrow, to see your smile.

I figured that it was better for you to move on rather than stay by my side as I fade, so tried to give you reasons to leave me, I can see that you really do love me so much, but I guess I can’t forgive myself if I was to blame for your sadness. I want to ask forgiveness, I broke your heart; I did it so that you would be angry with me, forget me, and move on. I really hope I did the right thing. I really did love you with all my heart. 


We made a promise that if ever anything bad happens to anyone of us, we would accept it and move on. I hope you keep your promise, because by the time you read this, I might have already lost the battle against leukemia. I just want to make sure that you receive the last present I failed to give you. A diamond ring, I really wished to ask you to marry me, but I guess I will never have the chance.
I hope you could find in you heart to forgive me.

I love you very, very, very, very much!

No comments: